When lighting a soy candle for the first time, allow the wax to melt all the way to the sides of the container. This typically takes between 1-3 hours, depending on its diameter.
If you don’t allow your candle to reach a full burn pool, tunneling will occur, limiting the life of your candle.
Soy does not burn as hot as paraffin wax. This requires a thicker wick, which needs to be trimmed regularly.
Aim to trim your wick to about ¼” before lighting and re-lighting your candle. This will ensure your candle reaches its full life; will minimize soot and remove any mushrooming on the end of the wick.
Never leave your candle unattended. Always keep it on a level surface, away from children and foreign objects.
Soy wax can be cleaned from surfaces with hot water and soap, but remember to never pour wax down your drains.
You can re-use or recycle your glass candle jar after you clean it out. The wax can easily be removed by placing the jar with remaining wax in your freezer. Once frozen, the wax can more easily break apart and then be discarded.